Wednesday 15 April 2009

4.5G, 1.8 Seconds, 205ft, 80mph

I had the joy today of visiting Thorpe Park, and despite the usual Easter Holidays crowds it was quite enjoyable. Only managed to go on 4 rides while we were there, but all were worth the wait. Someone just said to me, why go there? why spend 3 hours standing in a queue for a 2 minute ride on what is basically a train flying around a track. My reply was simply...."Where can you go from 0-80mph in 1.8 seconds, fly up at 90 degrees and then fly down pretty much straight away from a huge height of 205ft, all at the same time of enduring 4.5G. And yes, it is Stealth that i'm refering to. As for Colossus, does anyone not trust those seat restrants, when you're upside down in the car on the corkscrew, your whole body weight totally on these harnesses, I just don't trust it...and i'm not a small bloke.

Don't get me wrong, I was shitting myself, nowhere near the force you're expecting but once you're off then it's just a case of enjoying the ride. It's an amazing feeling, strange feeling, and something that none of us are built for, but why not? You come off feeling great and wanting more, it's always worth the wait. It makes me want to go and play Rollercoaster Tycoon more. I wonder who came up with the whole "Rollercoaster" idea, and what they must have been thinking at the time. "Oh I know, let's scare the living daylights out of people by flying them around metal frames in cars doing high speeds and often pulling G Forces that the human body wasn't built for"....whoever they are and wherever they are, they've come up with something that is thrilling people all over the world on a daily basis....oh and making Merlin Entertainments a bomb!

No comments:

Post a Comment