Monday 23 March 2009

Can we have some different news now please?

This is bound to shock and annoy some people but i'm sure they'll understand once they think about it. A year ago, she was a hated racist b***h who was constantly slagged off in the press, today she's a hero and is being compared to Princess Diana. Don't get me wrong, I think she's been very courageous and my best wishes go out to all her family, but she isn't and never will be another Princess Diana.

As to the 26 page feature on Jade, her life and her legacy, I can't remember the last time when a news story took up over half of the newspaper, I don't think even the September 11th terrorist attacks managed it. Clearly Gordon Brown has nothing better to do, however I think David Cameron said exactly what should be said: "Her brave fight has raised awareness of this terrible disease. Her legacy will be to save young women in the future".

Before the people start getting on at me saying I have no heart etc. I'd never wish Cancer or death on anyone, Jade did all the right things, her boys are looked after and she's raised a tremdnous amount of support for treating Cervical Cancer, and that shows in the rise in Smear Tests. But how can you go from being a wannabe celebrity, showing off all your glory (literally) in the Big Brother house, to being racist and thrown out of the Celeb BB house....and then being totally slagged off in all the papers, having people hate you....through to now suddenly becoming the new Princess Diana.

What I will end on is saying R.I.P. Jade, and sending my best wishes to her boys. Along with appreciating how much awareness she did raise in her seemingly quite short battle with Cervical Cancer.

No comments:

Post a Comment