Sunday 20 September 2009

A softy at heart

It's rare that something as heart wrenching as this makes me want to do an immediate blogpost but this quite touched me just now. I was driving back having done a few errands, when I drove past a old woman standing outside her house with what I presume was a friend of hers, clearly looking quite distressed. Lying in her arms, was this black and white cat, the cat looked quite worse for wear, in fact I'd say there was very little life in it. In a matter of seconds, i'd pretty much confidently established that this was probably a little old lady who's best friend was this little creature, and she was in the process of losing it.

I've got two cats, both of which I annoy till the cows come home, but both of which I am quite fond of and wouldn't like to lose (i'm sure they feel very differently). It is amazing how we can get so close to animals, and how we can build so many strong bonds with them, I guess when we get older, these animals are our best friends, the creatures we see on a daily basis, the ones that no matter how sad we get or how much we annoy them, they'll still come and cuddle up on your lap on a cold winters evening. For this woman, I guess it was like losing a relative. Of course, I could be totally wrong with all of this, as I say I only saw what I saw for a matter of seconds as I drove past. Hopefully I am wrong and all is well.

Happy Talk Like a Pirate Day for yesterday too :)

No comments:

Post a Comment