Wednesday 17 June 2009

Whatever doesn't kill you, makes your stronger.

...so they say, but I think I should be entering the world strongest man competition. The above photo has absolutly nothing to do with this blog, I just found it amusing and thought i'd share it. Like sharing the love, but with photos.

Firstly, a great shock it was on Sunday to find out that local musician Dave Blackman had died. A well liked bloke who i'd have the opportunity to not only work with on numerous occasions but also to see live, a great stage presence and a pleasure to work with. At least he died doing what he loved. He will surely be missed by a large number of people, especially among the local music scene. RIP Dave.

It's very nice being back at Hospital Radio and entertaining the ill again. Something I have missed, not sure the listeners have, but I know I have. So if you're ever in the Conquest on a Sunday, have a listen, it might make you feel better....or worse, but we hope better.

It's 00:35 and i'm off to Edinburgh tomorrow, guess I should consider starting to pack, stupid me didn't put my washing in until 9pm, now i've got to wait for it to go through the Tumble Dryer too. Doh! Yes, Edinburgh Playhouse...back to the lovely Live Nation which is always a pleasure, no seriously it is...most of their venues are well looked after with excellent backstage facilities. Then off to New Brighton, which I frankly never even knew existed and even google maps had issues finding it, so that'll be an experience. And then into the lovely Derbyshire hills to the quaint town of Buxton. I think it will be a nice time away, and then return for my 19th on Monday. Yes I know, 19 years on this planet, one more year of my teens....

No comments:

Post a Comment